Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Quick Hits II

I was at Barnes and Noble looking through the CDs and came across the soundtrack to Jesus Christ Superstar, the original London cast version of the 40 varieties available. It is a very expensive soundtrack even when compared to the other versions but I wanted to get it for a while so I took it up to the cashier. As she rang it up, she looked at the price and asked, "Damn! Does Jesus come with this?"



Later while back at my apartment, I attempted to open that same CD. It was sealed as if a relic was inside it and I released a stream of profanities, curses, and, most emphatically, 2nd-commandment-breakers. Then when trying to separate the CD from the case a second round of the same. I was wondered how many people used 2/3 of the title of the CD as exclamation while trying to enjoy the music. Sacrilicious.



On a recent episode of The Colbert Report, Stephen broke out his sweetness (that is, his gun). It looked suspiciously familiar to me. I had written a sketch that involved a gun and in order to create the prop I bought a cheap plastic gun from a costume store. This being NYC, they aren't allowed to sell realistic looking guns, so, while the shape looks like an actual gun, the color is in headache-inducing neon pink and green. I applied black spray paint liberally to cover the garish original color and I had a passable gun... and a doppelganger to Stephen's sweetness (you can even see the plastic bit covering the muzzle). Where is the truthiness Stephen, where?

No comments: