Friday, July 18, 2008

Primed to be back

I think after nearly ten months of rest, reflection, and pondering the mysteries of life I am ready to write in here again (and, of course, by rest, reflection, and pondering the mysteries of life I actually mean sloth, day-dreaming, and watching TV).

I'm another year older today, and that is as good a time as any to have another go at this. Perhaps I'll be more mature and committed to writing in here.

So... 29 years old. I don't know how I feel about that. There is the spectre of the big three-oh looming large. But I am still not there yet; I have a whole year until I wave bye-bye to my twenties. It is time to live it up... they say life ends as 30, don't they?

While I may not be "perfect" anymore, I am "prime"d to make this year a good one... because I'm not getting any younger (and the math jokes aren't getting any funnier).

[Perhaps the blogger site is trying to tell me something, the server is down. The one time I try to post in nearly a year and I can't. I will persevere! Never shall I give up! Never shall I abandon... oh, there it is. It's back. My perseverance paid off-- let that be a lesson to everyone else.]

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Yikes, way to hit a button with the "posting rhetorical questions at 5 am is sad"; but to at least offer a mild counter-argument, in so asserting, you're revealing a slavery to your own schedule, which presumes its own notions of what should and should not be done at 5 AM.

For the record as well, for no good reason I woke up at 8 AM on my own!

In other news, happy birthday, stranger.