Monday, September 24, 2007

Hickory has a new winner

Jon Reep took home the title of Last Comic Standing. As one could guess from my previous posts, I didn't really care whether Jon or Lavell won. Even though I don't think either of them really deserved to win, I think that Jon winning was the right choice. At least he was getting stronger as the competition went on whereas Lavell started strong and rapidly faded down the stretch (insert obvious out of shape joke here). I still think Gerry Dee deserved to win but there is really nothing I can do about it.

The one good thing about watching Last Comic Standing and other reality competition finales is it makes me feel like I am speeding up time and getting more accomplished than I really am. I watched the 2 hour finale of LCS in about 25 minutes. My DVR thankfully allowed me to skip the near half and hour of commercials and over an hour of filler (that is inserted to build up the "suspense" of who wins.) They really don't even have to tell you that it is the finale-- people can figure it out from the endless parade of pointless performances, background information, and self-promotion. The producers of reality competitions should follow the wisdom of the immortal words of Monty Python when scheduling their finale: "Get on with it!".

No comments: