Saturday, July 21, 2007

Harry Potter and the End of a Series

Like millions of other people, I was waiting in line at a book store last night. I didn't reserve a copy so I had to wait a little longer than I should have but I got my book at a little after 1am. I went home and read for a few hours, went to sleep, woke up and continued reading until I finished.

I thought it was a bit slow to get going, although it was still interesting, but the second half of the book was very good. A fulfilling end to the series. I'm not going to go into any details yet, as I don't want to be a spoiler (Someone in the book store nearly got a beating from a lot of angry people as after she bought the book sat down at the side of the store flipped to the last chapter and announced to her friends sitting near her, in a voice much louder than necessary, a rather important detail-- I was pissed, not because she told me anything I didn't know, but that she was that rude to do that. I walked away to the far corner of the store before she let slip anything I didn't already know).

It'll be interesting to see what J.K. turns to now that the Harry Potter series is over. She better get writing soon as the money she made of this series won't last forever.

1 comment:

wundercapo said...

I did the same thing. Waited for the book without reserving it (got it at about 12:45am), and also finished it on Saturday.
I also thought it was a fitting end, and held both expected resolutions and some unexpected twists that added to the fun.
I'll also decline from addressing specific things to avoid spoiling the fun of those who have yet to read it.
And of course, she better get making some more money, because we all know a billion doesn't go as far as it used to...sigh.